2 Quarts of Beans
Posted by Mike | 8:12 PM |I think the green beans are pretty much done for the year. There are a few left but the nights are getting cooler now and I don't think the plants will produce much more now. I picked the last of the green beans yesterday and canned them for winter. I got about 2 quarts. It was pretty easy to can them, boil them for 5 minutes and then put them into jars and then 25 minutes in the pressure cooker at 10 pounds.
I picked another summer squash too. My summer squash plants were full of blossoms, but not much squash. I only got 5 all together this year from 6 plants. I guess the bees didn't pollinate much in my garden this year. Next year I'll have to plant some flowers near the garden to attract more bees.
Some of the squash plants didn't even grow well. One of them is still very small compared to the rest of them and some of the others have grey spots all over the leaves. I think they got diseased somehow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So nice to see you blogging again! I froze 6 large bags of summer squash. My plants also had dozens of beautiful yellow flowers that never became squash. We had some sweet snap peas....not many because I had to share them with the deer. I want 4 chickens but this pain in the @#% HOA board won't allow chickens. I could have horses, but no little chickens that would give us eggs.
Post a Comment